Monday, July 21, 2008

The Birthday!

After breakfast in our hotel lobby overlooking a canal, I returned to our room to find that Cyndi had decorated it for my birthday.




Photo taken from across the courtyard of our room.


A house I saw along the way that I thought was really cute; I'd take this home if someone bought it for me.






Leaving Venice on the vaparetto going to Murano.


A demonstration in glass blowing a glass factory.


A pile of glass outside one of the glass factories.




The piazzas in Murano feature glass sculptors: these are two of many.




A visit to one of the many glass shops on Murano and birthday presents Cyndi and Danilo bought for me.


With the temperatures hot Cyndi and I couldn't resist a little water fight at the drinking fountain. It felt really refreshing.




Leaving Murano and going over to the island of Burano; the next post will be about our visit to Burano.

5 comments:

Jan's Funny Farm said...

Ha, ha. Even in a strange city, Cyndi managed to decorate. Looks like a birthday to remember.

Anonymous said...

Water fight what fun on a hot day.

What beautiful pics of Venice and Mureno ( just found a necklace that Mom bought there )

SOOOO JEALOUS!!!!

Love to all

FGM

Scott, Emily & Cara said...

The glass sculptures are amazing. I am sure it was so neat to see in person. The decorations in your room are awesome, that is great that Cyndi planned ahead to do that!

Deb R said...

Good Day......Hello! I hope you are having a g3reat time with Cyndi and Danilo, they are great tour guides! Tell them we send our love!

MoMo said...

We have noticed it before but may not have mentioned it - you and Cyndi really look alike.