Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy First Date Anniversary



Today is a special day for us that we have always celebrated. On this date way back in 1964 I had my first date with a most amazing guy. I knew right away that I wanted to get to know him better and hoped that we would continue to date. Little did I know that he would become my best friend and my wonderful husband.



Through the years our love has grown and our friendship too. We have supported each other in trying times that the journey of life can throw at one and celebrated with all of the joys too.

Wishing my best guy a Happy Anniversary, thanks for growing older with me.

Photos taken May 1964

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the old '50 Studebaker went to the scrapyard decades ago, but we're still going strong! Thanks for being my sweetheart all these years!

Love,

Me

Jans Funny Farm said...

Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful love story.

And your biggest blog fan left the first comment. How sweet.

The Cat Realm said...

Happy Anniversary! You are very very lucky, not many people find that special person AND make it work over so many years! AND are blessed with having a wonderful cat too, hahahahahahahahaha
Karl

Henny and Marlene said...

Love, best friends, laughter -- the three best ingredients for a long happy marriage.

Happy Anniversary!!Ruis & the staff

Asta said...

Those pictures are lovely..So nice to hear that there are couples like us who are best friends and love each other through everything life throws at us. Happy Anniversary!!! It's certainly a date worth celebrating!!!
I hope you have many many more!
love
Ami and George

Cynthia Rae said...

Happy anniversary! Wow, you guys were REALLY young! I wish you both many more years of happiness!

Danilo and Cyn
Ollie and Opus